Colorado’s Biggest Recreational Tournament! Calling all Colorado-based recreational and competitive teams – join us this spring for the 11th annual Rapids Youth Soccer Rock Cup Tournament! We are so grateful for all teams who joined us for our 10th anniversary in 2021 where we registered the most teams in Rock Cup history!
The Rock Cup will kick off from May 20th to May 22nd at The Gates Soccer Complex and DICK’S Sporting Goods Park. The tournament is open to recreational and competitive teams ages 6U to 14U. The Rock Cup has grown over the years and hosted over 315 teams in 2021, again ranking as the largest recreational tournament in the state!
Colorado Rapids vs. Seattle Sounders Discounted Tickets for all Registered Teams!
- The Colorado Rapids will take on Seattle Sounders on Sunday, May 22nd, kicking off at 6:00 PM!
- Most games on Sunday, May 22nd will conclude before 5:30 PM to ensure all teams who would like to go to the game can attend!
- Click HERE to purchase discounted tickets!
- Please contact [email protected] for questions or larger team group outings of 10+! (303-727-3743)
** REGISTRATION PRICE INCREASES ON APRIL 22ND, 2022 **
- A $100 late fee will apply to teams who apply after April 22nd, 2022.
- Please register your teams early!
Find all of the information you will need to get your team registered in the Rock Cup 2022 guide below. For any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact CRYSC Tournaments Director, Marcus Owerko, at [email protected]
Tournament Weekend Details
- When? May 20th to 22nd, 2022
- Who? 6U to 14U Boys/Girls Recreational & Competitive
- Where? Gates Complex, DICK’S SGP, & Dove Valley Park
- How Much? $350-$750 per team, depending on age & level
- End of Early Bird Pricing? April 22nd, 2022 ($100 Late Fee Applies)
- Deadline to Register? April 29th, 2022
- Roster Submission Deadline? April 29th, 2022
- Schedule Release? May 9th, 2022
ROCK CUP 2021 | EVENT IN REVIEW
Required Completed Forms
- Every Colorado-based competitive team 11U – 19U is required to provide a 2021 state-sanctioned roster in the GotSport Roster Builder.
- All non-Colorado teams are required to bring player passes, including guest players.
- All teams are required to upload the official guest player form into your GotSport Registration should you have guest players. (Above)
- All competitive teams must upload medical release forms for all players as one PDF into your GotSport Registration. (Above)
- Every Recreational team 6U – 8U is required to provide a club-verified copy of their roster and upload your roster into your registration.
- Every Recreational team 9U – 14U is required to build your roster on your GotSport’s Team Management page + upload a PDF into your registration.
- All teams must upload medical forms for all players into their GotSport Registration. (Above)
- All teams must upload any Guest Player forms into their GotSport Registration. (Above)
Cancellation Refund Agreement:
- For a tournament in progress (dates of planned event), in the event of rain, snow or acts of God, the tournament director reserves the right to reduce game times and numbers of games.
- Refund Structure is as follows:
- 100% refund – if the tournament is cancelled in entirety due to COVID-19.
- 80% refund – if the event is cancelled entirely due to weather, or any other external forces.
- 60% refund – If only 1 game is played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- 30% refund – If only 2 games are played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- No refund is given if:
- A team withdraws within 30 days prior to the tournament.
- a team decides to forfeit a game, giving them less than the guaranteed minimum of played games.
- The team withdraws to play in another tournament.
Interested in becoming a Sponsor or Partner?
The Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club is looking for new sponsors, on-site vendors, and community partners in 2022! Please reach out to tournament staff if you/your company are interested in sponsoring our events/club! Inquiries can be sent in by clicking HERE.
Looking for great nutrition for your athlete at this year’s Rock Cup?
Whether you’re a coach, a parent, or an athlete yourself, choose chocolate milk – the sports drink nature intended and official refuel beverage of Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club. Learn more about the benefits of chocolate milk for sports recovery from our friends and partners at Dairy MAX.
Visit one of the chocolate milk refuel stations at the 2022 Rock Cup for free drinks, products, and information on the recovery benefits of milk!
Gates Soccer Complex
DICK'S Sporting Goods Park
Dove Valley Regional Park
Thank You to Our Proud Partners of The Rock Cup:
Frequently Asked Questions
Most teams will play at one location, and the age groups will likely be split us as such:
- 3 V 3 Games (U6 & U7) – All located at Gates North Complex.
- 5 V 5 Games (U8) – All located at Gates North Complex.
- 7 V 7 Games (U9 & U10) – Most located at Gates North Complex, some at Dove Valley.
- 9 V 9 Games (U11 & U12) – Most located at Gates South Complex, some at Dove Valley.
- 11 V 11 Games (U13 & U14) – ALL DICK’S Sporting Goods Park
Teams will begin seeing acceptance notifications as early as 6 weeks before the tournament date. Acceptances will cease within 2 weeks of the event date.
Every 6U-8U ages will play minimum 3 games in a “festival-style” format.
All U9 and older teams will play 3 games with potential of a final.
Schedules will be sent out no later than May 9th, 2022. Schedules can be found on GotSoccer OR at the top of this web page.
Scoring and Point System
The following points are allotted per instance:
- Six (6) points for a win;
- Three (3) points for a tie;
- No (zero) points for a loss;
- Minus two (-2) points for a forfeiture or abandonment of a game.
- One (1) point per goal scored (Up to 3 points maximum regardless of score).
Determination of Group Winners
In group play, there will be no overtime games. Standings in a group will be determined by game points:
- Win: 6 points;
- Tie: 3 points;
- Loss: 0 points;
- Goals: 1 point for each goal up to 3 goals;
- 1 point for shut out except for 0-0.
In the event that two or more teams are tied in points at the end of the preliminary games, the following tie breakers shall be applied in the order given until a winner is determined:
- Head to Head (if all teams played each other);
- Goal Differential;
- Goals For ;
- Goals Against;
- Most Shutouts;
- Penalty Shootout.
All scores are entered and updated immediately online as soon as game cards are received. The scores for the final game of the day will be entered within 2 hours of the score being received. All flights and playoff games for day 2 of the tournament will be updated online 2 hours following the final game on day 1. The website will be the most up-to-date and accurate information for scores and standings.
4 team bracket – Round robin with the top 2 teams playing in a championship.
5 team bracket – Round robin with highest point team as champion.
6 team bracket – Two 3-team groups with the top team from each playing in a cross-bracket championship and a cross-bracket consolation game.
8 team bracket – Two 4-team groups with the top team from each playing in a championship game.
**6U to 8U age groups will paly a Jamboree format which does not include finals.**
For 6U-8U Teams:
- All teams U6 to U7 will receive “Participation Awards”.
For 9U and Older Teams:
- First place teams will receive a “Champions” medal for each player and coach, and 1 “Champion” trophy per team.
- Second place teams will receive a “Finalist” medal each player and coach.