Officially Colorado’s Largest Fall Pre-Season Tournament! Do you have what it takes to compete against the best teams from Colorado and the Western United States? Teams from all ages and levels 9U to 19U can prepare for their Fall seasons with the best competition you’ll find across the front range!
Joining us for the 11th Annual Rapids Classic that will take place in late August of 2022! The Classic is now the SECOND largest tournament in Colorado after hosting 530 teams in 2021! Thank you to all teams who made last year’s event so special.
Colorado Rapids vs. Houston Dyanmo Tickets Availible for all Registered Teams!
- The Colorado Rapids will take on Houston Dynamo on Saturday, August 20th, kicking off at 7:00 PM!
- All teams registered will have the opportunity to get discounted tickets to the match!
- All games on Saturday, August 20th will conclude before 6:30 PM to ensure all teams who would like to go to the game can attend!
- CRYSC will host The Rapids Classic Tailgate outside the stadium with a live DJ!
Find all of the information that you need to get your team registered in the Rapids Classic 2022 Tournament Hub below. For any other questions, comments, or concerns, please contact CRYSC Director of Tournaments Marcus Owerko, at [email protected].
Tournament Weekend Details
- When? Thursday, August 18th to Sunday, August 21st, 2022
- Who? 9U-15U Boys & 9U-19U Girls, Competitive & Rec Teams
- Where? DICK’S SGP, Gates Complex, & Aurora Sports Park
- How Much? $850-$1050 per team, depending on age & level
- Deadline to Register? July 21st, 2022
- Roster Submission Deadline? August 3rd, 2022
- Schedule Release? August 4th, 2022
Roster Requirements & Forms
- All teams and players are to register by Calendar Year.
- Example – Fall 2022 Season 2009’s = U14
- Every competitive team 9U-19U is required to complete a roster within GotSport 2.0.
- Please CLICK HERE for a video tutorial on how to create a roster on GotSport.
- Every recreational team 9U-19U is required to provide a club-verified copy of their roster.
- The roster must be 70% or more of your original players and up to 30% guest players for the age group roster MAX.
- For example, for U13-U19 the roster max is 19, so 19 x .3 = 5.7 thus rounding up to 6 MAX guest players allowed.
- Certain circumstances can be approved based on requests to tournament staff.
- All competitive teams must have proof of medical release forms for all players in PDF form. You do NOT need to upload them to Got Sport. (Linked above)
Cancellation Refund Agreement:
- For a tournament in progress (dates of planned event), in the event of rain, snow or acts of God, the tournament director reserves the right to reduce game times and numbers of games.
- Should there be any cancellations creating a difference in games played in a division, all scoring will transition to “Points Per Game” average for those divisions.
- Games cancelled early will have a score stand if more than 50% of the 1st half minutes are played.
- Refund Structure is as follows:
- 100% refund – if the tournament is cancelled in entirety due to COVID-19.
- 80% refund – if the event is cancelled entirely due to weather, or any other external forces.
- 60% refund – If only 1 game is played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- 30% refund – If only 2 games are played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- No refund is given if:
- A team withdraws within 30 days prior to the tournament.
- a team decides to forfeit a game, giving them less than the guaranteed minimum of played games.
- The team withdraws to play in another tournament.
ADVERTISE YOUR COMPANY HERE!
The Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club is looking for new sponsors, on-site vendors, and community partners in 2022! Please reach out to tournament staff if you/your company are interested in sponsoring our events/club! Inquiries can be sent in by clicking HERE.
Tournament Facilities | Pinned Locations for Directions
Aurora Sports Park
Thank You to our Proud Partners of the Rapids Classic
Frequently Asked Questions
The Waitlist Period begins on July 14th, 2022.
The Final Deadline is July 21st, 2022.
Teams who apply during the waitlist week will be notified no later than by July 21st, 2022 of their acceptance into the event.
**A $100 late fee will be added on for all registrations received during our waitlist time period.**
Teams will begin seeing acceptance notifications as early as 6 weeks before the tournament date. Acceptances will cease within 2 weeks of the event date.
Every team is guaranteed three games.
Schedules will be sent out no later than two weeks prior to tournament kickoff. Schedules can be found on GotSoccer OR at the top of this web page.
The following points are allotted per instance:
SIX points for a win;
THREE points for a tie;
ZERO points for a loss;
Minus one (-1) point for each red card issued to a player, coach or parent; and
Minus two (-2) points for a forfeiture or abandonment of a game.
Determination of Group Winners
In group play, there will be no overtime games. Standings in a group will be determined by game points:
Win: 6 points
Tie: 3 point
Loss: 0 points
Goals: 1 point for each goal up to 3 goals
1 point for shut out except for 0-0
In the event that two or more teams are tied in points at the end of the preliminary games, the following tie breakers shall be applied in the order given until a winner is determined:
Head to Head (if all teams played each other)
Number of red cards (team with the least red cards progresses)
FIFA penalty kicks
For U11-U18 matches a minimum of seven (7) players constitutes a game. Games should start at the given start time. In case the team does not have seven (7) players present, there will be a maximum of five (5) minutes grace period before awarding the game to the opponent. A forfeit will be scored 3-0.
All scores are entered and updated immediately online as soon as game cards are received. The scores for the final game of the day will be entered within 2 hours of the score being received. All flights and playoff games for day 2 of the tournament will be updated online 2 hours following the final game on day 1. The website will be the most up-to-date and accurate information for scores and standings.
4 team bracket – 3-game round robin with the top 2 teams playing in a championship.
5 team bracket – 4-game round robin with highest point team as champion.
6 team bracket – Two 3-team groups playing 3 cross-bracket group games. Winner of each bracket play in a championship game.
8 team bracket – Two 4-team groups playing a 3-game round robin with the top team from each group playing in a championship game.
- First place teams will receive a “Champions” medal for each player and coach, and 1 “Champion” trophy per team.
- Second place teams will receive a “Finalist” medal each player and coach.